Monday, April 5, 2010

Intro


I'm starting this blog, not out of boredom, but mainly because I find it to be a good vehicule to reach a lot of people at the same time on any given subject. Contrary to Seinfeld's show, this blog will be about everything, meaning that whatever I feel I want to talk about, that'll be it. I've never been known to be politically correct and although I feel this movement has gone way too far, I will make an effort (maybe) not to offend with my humor, remarks or rants.
So, first about me. I live in a small, sleepy little town in the Quebec Laurentians with my wife and two dogs in an old centennial house. A place where you can gaze at the stars and hear a pin drop at night. This town is small. They don't need to roll up the sidewalks at night because they only have one...on one side...in the center of town....that runs about 500 feet. I kid you not. They might have lost the recipe for cement...Who knows.
Anyway, we moved here to escape the frantic pace of the city in June 2009 but we're slowly spending our retirement fund on gas because we still travel to the city to work.
But hey..! it's worth it..! We're surrounded by nature and we can go for hour long walks in the woods with the dogs. Not to mention peeing outside without being arrested for lewd and lascivious behavior. If you pee in the forest and there's no one to see you, are you exposed? This is obviously our first winter here and we've managed pretty well if you don't count the two and a half feet of snow that fell on us in the last few days. That's the great thing about mountainous regions, when everyone else gets rain...we get walloped with snow...But I digress....Back to me...
I was, and in some respect still am, a photographer. I worked as a freelancer for over 25 years. I love the fixed image. That's why you'll see images on this blog on a regular basis. Sometimes mine, sometimes somebody else's, and other times some of my favorites. I also have vested interests in art,computers, music, philosophy, current affairs, politics and of course, humor. So stay tuned and hopefully you'll be entertained and I'll have fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment